“No, no, no — no, don’t — please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said I would provide you answers.”
–Sean Spicer, in answer to a White House press corp member who had the gall to suggest that the job of the White House Press Secretary was to answer questions from the media.
“When you are given immunity, that means you have probably committed a crime!”
-Mike Flynn to Chuck Todd on September 25, 2016, speaking of members of Hillary’s inner circle who were granted immunity regarding the ambiguous investigation she was never under.
Today, let’s just play catchup with what’s going on in trumplandia.
- Former general, former National Security Advisor, and current Man Most Likely To Be Perpetually Disappointed In His Son Mike Flynn announced that he is willing to testify about his role in the Russian Hacking Scandal in exchange for immunity. What does he know and what is he afraid of being charged with?
- A CNN host, Alisyn Camerota, hosted a panel of trump supporters. One of them claimed to have seen, with his own eyes, busloads of illegal voters coming into New Hampshire to vote. When Ms. Camerota asked him to explain that, another panel member chimed in with, “Who cares?” What no one thought to ask was, “How would busloads of illegal voters voting overwhelmingly in New Hampshire have tipped the entire election in Hillary Clinton’s favor?”
- Marco Rubio stated in hearings today that he, too, was the target hacking during the 2016 campaign from “an unknown location in Russia.” No one cared.
- Congress passed a bill today that will allow states to withhold federal funding from healtcare providers who also perform abortions. In other words, Congress just passed a law that allows states to use lies to defund Planned Parenthood, because a law already exists that prohibits federal funds from being used to pay for abortions.
- North Carolina made a huge stink making sure the entire country knew they voted to repeal HB2, the infamous “Bathroom Bill” that denied localities from passing their on laws protecting citizens from discrimination based on gender identity, but then turned down the volume on their megaphone as they simultaneously pass another bill that prohibited localities from passing laws protecting citizens from discrimination based on gender identity.
And now, here’s your trump photo: